Copyright

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Sweetest Sight


Barrett can calm Chloe down faster than anything I've seen. Chloe loves to sleep but sometimes she fights it during the day because she loves to play so much. Last night, for the first time, as an experiment, we did not feed her at 12:00...we let her sleep, hoping that she would make it through. SHE DID! 9:00 pm until I woke her up at 6:30, she was dreaming about rainbows, the beach, and chocolate...oh wait, that was what I was dreaming as I slept all of those hours. Thank you Jesus for a baby who loves to sleep and for a husband who loves to cuddle. Chloe is coming up on four months and is not far from having her first cereal bottle and sitting up without my help. As I look forward to these milestones, I reflect on where we were four months ago. Barrett looked at me last night and said...wow, I love her so much. That warmed my heart! I think it is easier some times for a mom, who carried the tiny one for nine months, to look at the child and say that but Dads have to warm up, have to see the personality and smell their little heads. My husband is officially smitten with our little daughter...watch out boys...he's going to be a tough one to get by.

1 comment:

  1. Great post and super sweet picture. Happy Thanksgiving, Freeman fam! Lots to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete